• Online Today: 9
  • Online Ever: 296
  • (May 27, 2011, 09:50:04 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APK has quit, an Explanation and a request.  (Read 1220 times)

Ashen

• Bibliophile, Autodidact
  • Administrator
  • Community Member
    • AMD FX 8350@ 4.5+ on air
    • SaberTooth 990FX
    • 4x8gb Gskill Ares 1866@1666mhz
    • 2x Sapphire Dual-X 7870 2gb Ghz edition
    • Xigmatek Aegir (thanks to dn)
    • Win 7, 500gb
    • 640gb(games drive)
    • 2x1tb+2x2tb seagate
    • 2x2tb wd green drives
    • Pc Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200watt
    • 2xHannsG 25"
    • MS Natural keyboard Pro
    • MS Sidewinder x8 and x5 and naga 2012
    • Asus Xonar DX pci-e UniXonar drivers
    • LogiTech Z-5500
APK has quit, an Explanation and a request.
« on: February 07, 2009, 06:01:21 am »

Well, as all the regular users know, APK quit after being "disrespected" by us for holding a pretty hard to defend position that 64bit is pointless crap.

Somebody(was NOT ME) changed his custom title(common joke around here) to Afraid Of Change after I jokingly said that he should change his NAME to that (i could have changed his display name to AOC or whatever i liked.....)

Well long story short, APK was being very arrogant and elitist constantly telling people they wherent as good or smart as him because they arent "published" and dont "code programs".

After alot of Drama, He stormed off like a child deleting all the content in the security section, thankfully we had a backup that allowed up to restore said posts and anything else he destroyed when he had his childish tantrum.

I and others have come to the conclusion that though some of us like APK for the most part, His leaving is not a loss since to him nobody elses opinions or experiances have any validitiy due to our "lack of experiance" and the fact that "we arent published coders"

Even with things I KNOW I am great at, i try not to act that arrogant(we can all be a bit arrogant about stuff we feel we are experts on tho ofcorse)

well APK quit, a sad yet not so sad situation being that he was being far to erogant and elitist treating everybody else like crap.......

The Requiest I/We have is that if you have anything to submit to the security section please feel free to post it, OR PM it to somebody whos on staff(colored names).

This is a transition time for the Security section, dont worrie It wont be going anywhere, but it will need people to contribute to it, so if you find a good secutiry apps or tweak or guide please submit it and "Share the love"

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:41:06 pm by Darknova »
"It's funny that Christians want people to believe Muslims are evil due to what's in their holy book, their history, and the actions of their extremists, while telling people to ignore what's in their own holy book, their history, and the actions of their extremists."
http://www.pirate-party.us
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Darknova

• Administrator
  • Community Member
    • AMD FX 8320
    • Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
    • 4 x 4GB GSkill RipjawsX 1600Mhz
    • Gigabyte 6950 2GB
    • Corsair H70
    • 2 x 500GB RAID
    • 2 x 1TB Storage
    • 2 x 2TB Steam Storage
    • 1000W Coolermaster Pro M
    • 24" Samsung + 20" Dell
    • Logitech G510
    • Logitech G700
    • Asus Xonar D2X
    • Logitech Z906 / Logitech G930
    • Infinity Zero
Re: APK has quit, an Explanation and a request.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:50:49 pm »

I was the one who changed APK's custom title. It's something I do when it's bored. I mean Ash was going around for months with "Knob-jockey" under his title until he realized heh. I've done it to numerous people and I've had people do it to me. It's never been malicious, it always meant as a joke. You'll find most forums do it.

I think the fact APK (and then McKennak) made such a big deal out of it really just showed how uptight they were. If they can't take a joke then they really won't like it around here, and for that, I would apologize, but well, tough shit. Grow up.

I've never ever had a problem with APK, I thought he was an intelligent guy, with a lot of knowledge in a field I don't (security and networking), but his attitude in the past few days was horrendous, and I wouldn't stand for that type of shit whether it was him, my dad, or the Queen of England. Some of the stuff he said before editing his posts made me sick, and I would have banned him right there and then, but I decided to lock the threads and let it all calm down.

Unfortunately he ended up storming off like a child who can't get his own way.

His loss to be honest.

Ashen

• Administrator
  • Community Member
    • SaberTooth 990FX
    • Win 7, 500gb
    • 640gb(games drive)
    • 2x1tb+2x2tb seagate
    • 2x2tb wd green drives
    • 2xHannsG 25"
    • LogiTech Z-5500
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 01:20:01 pm »

I agree m8, his loss.

and I agree his attitude has just gotten worse and worse, more and more elitist and arrogant , I admit my life is far from ideal, but I would happly lend anybody who likes my medical problems and see how well they function with them.
when you cant even walk to the damn toilet 2/3 of the time because ur knees/feet are fucked up....makes life a bit harder then it should be :(

I have heard that some of the things APK said in his post pre-edit where very bial filled, but I didnt see them, and honestly at this point I dont care.

APK/McKennaK is welcome to come back, If he wants to follow the rules and not make an ass of himself.

hes already proven he cant be trusted with mod powers......

well, whatever, At least Ashentech isnt full of the arrogance and elitist bullshit that APK was spewing for a while there.

IMHO everybodys opinion matters, it dosnt matter your "published" or a "Coder" what matters is that you can express yourself and backup your arguements/opinions with facts.

APK failed to PROOVE anything negitive about x64 in todays market, other then his favorite language dosnt have a 64bit compiler(delphi dosnt got a x64 compiler.....nothing new they alwase behind)

His contention was over and over that x64 was all about more memory access......meh its over now and we all know hes wrong/full of it, just look up 64bit lame in the news section for a little more proof(still waiting on x64 compiled ogg encoder)

but again IF APK desides to come back and be mature about it, hes welcome to do so, if not, then thats fine to, his loss.

"It's funny that Christians want people to believe Muslims are evil due to what's in their holy book, their history, and the actions of their extremists, while telling people to ignore what's in their own holy book, their history, and the actions of their extremists."
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Darknova

• Administrator
  • Community Member
    • AMD FX 8320
    • Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
    • Gigabyte 6950 2GB
    • Corsair H70
    • 2 x 500GB RAID
    • 2 x 1TB Storage
    • 2 x 2TB Steam Storage
    • 24" Samsung + 20" Dell
    • Logitech G510
    • Logitech G700
    • Asus Xonar D2X
    • Infinity Zero
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:56:35 pm »

I have noticed that APK keeps checking back in, he still has the ability to post, so I'm wondering what it is he wants.

APK, I know you will read this, so what's up?

Ashen

• Administrator
  • Community Member
    • SaberTooth 990FX
    • Win 7, 500gb
    • 640gb(games drive)
    • 2x1tb+2x2tb seagate
    • 2x2tb wd green drives
    • 2xHannsG 25"
    • LogiTech Z-5500
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:32:49 pm »

probbly waiting for us to "get shut down" because we have posts about demonoid on the news section at times(after all theres no pirated software on ashentech)

that or hes waiting for us to edit his posts so he can get mad and flip out.

or 3rd option, he is waiting for us to appologize and say we where wrong and he was wright about everything........

just seems funny to me that he says we are childish, then he acts like like a spoiled little kid who didnt get his way.......

blah!!!

Darknova

• Administrator
  • Community Member
    • AMD FX 8320
    • Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
    • Gigabyte 6950 2GB
    • Corsair H70
    • 2 x 500GB RAID
    • 2 x 1TB Storage
    • 2 x 2TB Steam Storage
    • 24" Samsung + 20" Dell
    • Logitech G510
    • Logitech G700
    • Asus Xonar D2X
    • Infinity Zero
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 02:32:25 pm »

Well we know McKennaK was a smurf account of APK now. The email address no longer exists, so he obviously deleted it after he spammed the forums.

Ashen

• Administrator
  • Community Member
    • SaberTooth 990FX
    • Win 7, 500gb
    • 640gb(games drive)
    • 2x1tb+2x2tb seagate
    • 2x2tb wd green drives
    • 2xHannsG 25"
    • LogiTech Z-5500
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 04:49:19 am »

yeah, he made it way to obvious, alwase backing himself up blindly, attacking people who dont agree with him calling them loosers and such, stupid childish bs....
Pages: [1]   Go Up